POOR LOSER EVEN WORSE WINNER AS HE TRIES TO STEAMROLL CONGRESS
By now, everyone knows that Barack Obama not only hates to lose, but is a terrible loser. Word has it he insists on having John Boehner play in his foursome – because The Speaker is a better golfer than is the community organizer. Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III revealed in a recent interview that O refused to play him one-on-one in basketball, but that the Michael-Jordan wannabe indicated he’d be more than happy to team up with RG3 in a pick-up game with a couple of less talented players.
When it comes to politics, the Campaigner-in-Chief even hates to lose even worse. When he was down in the polls, you could see it in his face. His bitter attacks on Romney were more strident. When Romney was handing O his ass in the first debate, the petulant man-child looked as if he wanted to run across the stage and strangle Mitt with his bare hands. It was apparent in O’s smallness in the waning days of the campaign – when it looked as if the community organizer might lose. The ridicule. The obsession with Big Bird obsession. “Romnesia.” Petty behavior from a sitting President of the United States.
Then the election happened.
As the old saying goes, we seldom get a second chance to make a first impression. Except Barack Obama got one – on November 6. After four years of a failed presidency, a negative campaign in which he focused primarily on class warfare, personal attacks on Romney and more than a few outright lies, the community organizer was given one more chance to create a first impression. This time – as a newly reelected president. Obama was given one more chance to “reach across the aisle.” One more chance to prove that now, with the knowledge that he had run his last campaign and could finally set aside partisan politicking in favor effective governance of the country, Barack Hussein Obama got one more chance to make good on the broken promise made five years earlier at a fundraiser in Iowa:
“I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the President of the United States of America.”
But what did he do? He continued the class warfare rhetoric without missing a beat. He continued to rail against the rich. He continued to trash the Republicans because they refused to fall to fall at his feet, declare him the victor and agree to anything and everything he wanted.
Not only did O spike the football, as if I he just won by four touchdowns, he flipped the ball in John Boehner’s face on his way back to the bench. The result? Washington D.C. is as divided as ever. Heels are dug in and stubbornness has set in on both sides. Partisanship is worse than at any time since the ObamaCare debate – if not worse.
So much for a second chance to make a first impression. What we’ve learned (as if we didn’t already know it), is this: Barack Obama is a worse winner than he is a bad loser. He acts as if he won in a Ronald Reagan landslide. He acts as if 51% of America negates the other 49%. He acts as if he believes that America is a direct democracy rather than a representative republic. He acts as if, because he won the election, the 49% (and more, in many instances as it relates to policy positions) should simply acquiesce to the mob rule of the 51%. He acts as if he believes that governing is a zero sum game. Like golf. And basketball.
Lest we forget, Obama is the Energizer Bunny of campaigning. It’s who he is. It’s what he does. Maybe the arrogant, in-your-face, laugh-out-loud proposal he sent up the Hill last week for little Timmy to present to the John Boehner and Mitch McConnell was his inadequate way of staking out an “opening” position. (Which is laughable in itself, because the comic book Geithner read to the Republicans was little more than O’s last pretend-budget he sent to the Senate – which was “barely” defeated, 98-0.)
Sadly, I suspect the real truth is this: Rather than view his reelection as an opportunity for genuine compromise, an opportunity to build a legacy of bitartisanship – much the way Bill Clinton did following the Republican Revolution of 1994 – Obama sees things quite the opposite, which seems to be a common problem among all left-wing ideologues.
Yes, Barack Hussein Obama views reelection as yet another opportunity to spike the football, do a dance in the end zone and wag his index finger in the air as he trots off the field – glaring at the losing bench.